Elizabeth Street Gallery








Mr. EE and I recently took a little weekend get-away to NYC, sans kiddos. I try to get into the city at least once a year. I never cease to be struck by everything Manhattan has to offer.

To wit, I had heard about the Elizabeth Street Gallery downtown in Nolita and had to make time to go by and visit. And I'm so glad I did. I love running across those little unexpected gems in the city that make you rethink everything. And the Elizabeth Street Gallery is one of those gems. The items in the gallery are amazing, but the real find for me was the outside space. Everything, of course, is for sale, but the space feels like an amazingly curated private garden and as you know the idea of the urban garden is something that greatly intrigues me (see my recent posts on gardens in London and Paris).

The next time you are in Nolita, swing by and take a look for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

Comments

I am planning a trip to New York soon. Thank you for posting this. This is exactly the kinds of places I want to see.
designchic said…
What beautiful garden statuary. Must check this out the next time I'm in NYC!!
designchic said…
What beautiful garden statuary. Must check this out the next time I'm in NYC!!