eBay today - vintage linens



If you have followed my blog at all, you know that I love antique and vintage linens and eBay is a great place to find sets. Sure, I buy new linens from Crate and Barrel and Williams Sonoma for everyday family dining, but wouldn't these beauties make a gathering stand out?

The rooster design was very popular for some reason. I have two sets of 8 myself and I see them with some degree of frequency on eBay. Who knew? I haven't used them in a while, but one day soon, I plan on having a brunch and using these to go with the mimosas or Bloody Marys.

As for the large monogrammed napkins, I would strongly suggest that you search your initials on eBay. You never know what vintage silver or lines might be listed with your own initials. (If your initials spell something, the search engine might not be as helpful - my husband's spell "WAR". Just type "WAR napkins" though and it might narrow it down). You can even program eBay to e- mail you if a search you have set finds a new listing. Many of the listings include the initials right there in the title. In this case, "RNT" are the initials and if you typed that in the eBay search bar, those napkins would show up. (Notice, however, that the initials are actually "RTN" which wouldn't pop on your search. Misspellings or quirks of the seller can't be accounted for, so that's why I say the search engine system isn't perfect.) Another option is to simply search "monogrammed napkins" and see what turns up.

It takes patience, but what a payoff! Custom linens from Leontine Lines would cost a small (or not-so-small) fortune.

Comments

I love vintage linens, and good tips on searching for monogrammed ones!
Pigtown*Design said…
What Peak said!!! I had a huge collection of linen damask napkins even thought i didn't have a dining room!