eBay today - taxidermy




I know that the word "taxidermy" can conjure up creepy images for some, but (in moderation) taxidermy can be a great design element. It doesn't have to mean too many deer heads and knotty pine walls.

I love the idea of a collection of three or five framed beetles, like the one above, in a little boy's room. And I actually like the knotty pine frame on this little guy. I think it looks really modern and adds to the organic design.

The vintage pheasant makes a great Thanksgiving centerpiece. In fact, I just bought one at a local antique mall for $25 and am planning on using it for just that.

Finally, could you use the creepy bird skull at Halloween as a decoration? Done properly, I think it could work. I might just put it on top of a stack of books on a coffee table. I think Martha used a lot of taxidermy one year in ar Halloween issue, but I can't say for certain.

Right now, eBay has over 3,800 listings for mounted animals, antlers, fish, skeletons, insects and spiders. I've narrowed the search down for you here.

Comments

Heather said…
OHH! I like the ideas! Thanks!
Geo said…
I think my recent flu bug must have looked something like that top photo. What a pinch! (I'm alive. I'm back. Thanks for checking on me.)