eBay today - Georgian glassware




I know I've posted about Georgian glassware before, but I really love searching for these gems on eBay. I personally think Georgian glasses will work better mismatched as opposed to a matchy-matchy set. The key to making mix and match work when entertaining is to only have one element mismatched. For instance, if you collect Georgian glassware, keep your china and silver the same. Ditto for mixing coin silver, which I also love to collect.

So go ahead and get started. Check out the auction for the amber glass above. The color reminds me of that shade of chartreuse that Herend uses a lot. It really lets you know where William Yeoward found inspiration for stems like the beautiful one above. The English ale glass pictured above is pricey, but how incredible is that stem?

Comments

Laura in Paris said…
I wish I had your patience to look for thse gems in e-bay! You have an eye to spot beatiful items. Thank you for sharing.
Pigtown*Design said…
william yeoward is brilliant. just the most gorgeous things. somewhere on my site i did a piece about him, and there's a link to a pdf about his shop.