knowing when to invest



Every once in a while I splurge. I mean really splurge. For my last birthday, I was at Saks and bought the Marc Jacobs bag above in navy blue calf leather. Navy is my new black and I just couldn't resist. I've bought nice bags in the past, but none that pricey. For the first day or two, I felt so guilty and even considered returning it (My husband calls that "shopping bulimia". It's not in the DSM, but it should be.) But then something interesting happened. I started getting compliments. Lots of them. From my dry cleaner. From strangers. Everyone commented on that bag. People even asked to touch it.

The sconce above is in the same stratosphere, but well worth it. Quality really does always stand out. You might be hesitant at first and certainly don't do it if you put it on a credit card. Save up. And as you save up, just resist the urge to blow your money on a cheaper fixture/bag/whatever. Cheaper always looks.... well, cheap. You'll be glad in the end.

Comments