painted porcelain




I ran across these beauties at one booth in one of my favorite antique malls today. I simply adore hand painted porcelain. Old Paris is, of course, a favorite. But I also love anything with sweet florals. It's so southern to me. The nice thing about them is that you can endlessly mix and match Old Paris and floral patterns. As long as the colorways go, use it all together.

Along with the patterns, these are also some of my favorite shapes... an oval serving tray (perfect for finger sandwiches, which I frequently serve to girlfriends to come over for a meeting), a tureen (for a chilled summer soup or without the lid with flowers) and a compote (which is great for sweets - perhaps petit fours - served on the matching plates).

Lovely!!

Comments

I want the pink plates. Very badly. Very, very badly.
The plates are $25/each and there are 12 of them. The compote is $125. The whole set is $425. I'm sure she would take an offer... perhaps $350? I'm seriously considering purchasing. I buy lots of floral with those colors.