eBay today - the beauty of vintage clock faces




I have always loved clocks. There is really something appealing about the face of a 1920's Big Ben clock. I think I am drawn to these vintage alarm clocks because my late father, whom I miss terribly, always used a wind up Big Ben clock. My father was 40 when I was born and was therefore an "older dad"... very old school. I loved to hear him winding that clock up and even now the clear ringing of a vintage alarm clock makes me think of him.

And the vintage gold Hermes wristwatch above... how cool is that? It's definitely not something everyone will be wearing. (I don't want to offend Rolex wearers, but I generally tend to stay away from anything I can buy a knockoff of on a New York street... not that I could afford a Rolex anyway. But I digress.)

So start a collection yourself by checking eBay out here and here. Don't worry about whether or not they work, but wouldn't it be cool if they did? I could imagine a whole bunch of them on a mantle at a New Year's party and all going off a midnight... or as a New Year's centerpiece? Or how about as a centerpiece for a retirement party or an "over the hill"/milestone birthday party?


Comments

Geo said…
Ooo! You hit a nerve with this post! I LOVE clocks too, and the old wonderful faces. That wristwatch is perfect. Who cares what's fashionable?
Anonymous said…
I love clocks, too! Great post!