New Year's Eve at home... shopping online


I'm so uncool. I'm certain everyone I know is getting ready to count down with some Cristal (is it too passe to talk about Cristal now? I had some once and it really is divine champagne), but now that we have the kiddos, it just doesn't make much sense.

I'm trying to stay awake to have a smooch with my sweet husband and am killing time by shopping on eBay and I found this set of silverplate flatware. I'm totally in love! This lovely set would work with any china or crystal. It's a classic. Granted, it won't be cheap when you factor in the weak dollar and the shipping costs, but I would say well worth the investment. I think most people tend to think of silverplate as being tacky knock-offs sold in department stores, but this is totally different. I love that this set is vintage ... it reminds me of Sheffield or hotel silver. Dress it up or dress it down. Either way, beautiful.

Happy New Year!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
if it makes you feel better, my hubby and I put our baby to bed at 7, watched some movies in our pajamas and battled food poisoning to the wee hours. We managed a brief [non-alcoholic] toast and smooch at the appropriate hour, however!