Merry Christmas!



What a wonderful day! Everything went beautifully and my lunch was wonderful. I served a Christamas lunch consisting of the Barefoot Contessa's holiday menu: turkey, gravy, spinach gratin and smashed sweet potatoes. Of course, being a native of Mississippi, I had to also serve cornbread dressing. Coconut cake and pecan pralines topped it all off. It couldn't have been better.

I must have been a good girl this year, as Santa brought me some wonderful gifts that he knows I love. I've compiled a list of my favorites:

1. The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-be Southerners. I am crazy about these guys. The cookbook is outstanding and I've been craving it for some time. I'll try to reprint a recipe soon.

2. Juliska glassware. I know every design magaizne has been all over Juliska for the past few years, but I'm proud to say I've been collecting Juliska since 2000. I found it in a little boutique in Jackson, Mississippi and I add random pieces whenever I can.

3. Le Creuset: These Dutch ovens aren't cheap, but they are worth it. They look great on the stove. I plan on using it on New Year's Day for my black-eyed peas.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Laura - great to see your passion for Juliska. Lots of gorgeous new pieces being launched this Spring - keep an eye on our website! Best, Dave Gooding